If you click on Show details in the dialog window, you can view a list of permissions that are summarized under
Read and change your data on a number of websites.
Why are the permissions needed?
These websites and their associated subpages are required for configuring and managing your e-mail accounts and for enabling
access to your mailbox:
- uilogin.de (required for login with very old versions of MailCheck)
These websites and their corresponding subpages by Google and Outlook are required to configure and administrate e-mail accounts
and to allow mailbox access to Gmail and Outlook:
- googleapis.de (login with Gmail)
- google.de (.at/.ch/.co.uk/.es/.it/.fr/.pl/.ro)
- live.com (Outlook)
Additional permissions that are required for using MailCheck in the browser:
- Read your browsing history: Required to determine whether one of your mailboxes has already been opened in a tab.
Afterwards, this mailbox will not be reopened in a new tab; rather, the existing tab will be brought to the foreground.
- Display notifications: Required to display notifications about new e-mails. This function can be optionally (de)activated in the MailCheck settings.
- Manage your apps, extensions, and themes: Required since GMX offers add-ons with similar or identical functions. To prevent conflicts between them, it must determine
whether other add-ons are installed.